Over 50 years Experience
5 Star Trust Pilot Score
Price Match Promise
After Sales Support
Free Next Day Delivery
Free Training On All New Machines
Pfaff Open Toe Free-Motion Spring Foot (821141096).
Compatible Machines: J
The Open-Toe Free-Motion Spring Foot is excellent for free-motion sewing and quilting. This foot is open in the front for optimum visibility while stitching. The spring action keeps the fabric from lifting with the needle as the stitch is being formed. The fabric is guided manually when free motion sewing or quilting.
- Disengage the IDT™ system.
- Loosen the presser foot holder screw completely and remove the holder.
- Place the Open-Toe Free-Motion Spring Foot around the presser bar and attach it with the screw included in the package. Make sure the metal arm on the - foot is placed above the needle clamp.
- Thread your machine.
- Select a straight stitch or a zigzag stitch (maximum stitch width 5.0).
- Set your PFAFF® sewing machine to spring foot free-motion setting/ Free-motion position. The feed dogs will drop automatically on some machines. With other machines you need to lower the feed dogs manually. (Refer to you owner´s manual).
- Maintain a consistent speed and move the fabric in a smooth motion. You are creating the length of the stitch as you move the fabric. The red markings on the foot can be used as a guide when stippling or following a design.